Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Poems by Russell!

Russell a friend of mine has written a few good poems. I would like to share it with all of you. I keep sharing peices of work written by my friends under the label ' Guest writers'

Woodchop- Russell Mascarenhas


The rising sun over the snowy hills,
Mixed gracefully with the winter chills,
Gives every person to stare at awe,
At the wonderful things made by God.

Far from my house are these Red Wood trees,
Where furry creatures in the moonlight sleep,
Where lovers come and carve their names.
It reminds me of the good old days.

Like a peaceful haven on the mountain top,
The sparrows chirp and the ground is warmth.
My children at the moon doth stare.
In the shelter of the trees so bare

But alas, I am a woodcutter,
And I destroy gods beautiful things,
To feed my children and my wife,
Against getting heavenly wings.

A Grave Tale
- Russell Mascarenhas


With crumbled leaves underneath my feet,
I approach the house where the dead don’t sleep.
The hooting owl and the creaking gate,
may be the last sounds before my fate.

Lost in an illusion with haunting sounds,
Suddenly a hand emerges from the ground.
In my horror I turned and saw,
millions of zombies all around.

The mind tends to play funny tricks,
but this was worse than a horror flick,
a living nightmare I must say,
I must escape some other way.

Armed with guts and an axe in my hand
I cleared away the scum from this land.
Marching forward and taking swings,
I skillfully killed those horrid things.

And as they fell I took a bow,
and received applause from the crowd,
I smile to myself as I’ve done my duty,
the curtain closes, end of story.

1 comment:

Ankita Shreeram said...

The second poem is totally my style. I nearly had goosebumps reading it. Love horror and suspense! Your friend writes well. What I noticed is that his poems aren't like modern poetry, they resemble the ones in our English textbooks. That's sweet.