Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Very few happy moments in my kitty..


Its been a long time since I last did something that made me happy. Guess life has become very hectic and I have lost count of the few happy moments I have spent during the past few months. The last time I was satisfied with my existence was when me and my friends spent some time with a couple of kids on the road.
This happened during one of our casual walks towards Marine drive. The three of us have the habit of hanging around after college hours, because we detest leaving each other and going home. Even if one of us is missing, the day seems so incomplete. Gosh, life would have been so scary without you guys!! MUUAAH!!. Yeah coming back to that day's escapade. The three of us spotted four kids of different sizes sitting on a pavement. They were untidy but cheerful. One look at them and the three of us knew what we wanted to do next. After talking to them for some time we realized that they were waiting for someone to feed them a few morsels of that blessed grain. They were hungry.
We bought them some Mishti Doi ( thats what they preferred, Talk about being choosy). And enquired about their parents. A small boy pointed towards a lady sitting under a tree with bunch of red, white and pink roses. I guess she was his mother. I went ahead and spoke to her, to my surpirse she handed me a red rose and my day was made. I seldom forget such gestures by unknown strangers who sometimes appear to be angels in disguise. There are times when your own boyfriend or girlfriend, mother or father, brother or sister are ready to just fuck your mind any moment people like her are there to balance it out!!
CHEERS!

9 comments:

Vibhor pandey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vibhor pandey said...

Perceived happiness is what you derive from what you see, what you hear and what you assume...
There is always a feeling of displeasure over the fear of loosing affection and commitment of our own loved one...
The lady who gave you rose never expected that someone would walk up to her and make her smile out of sweats, hunger and labor through the day.
She has given you the token of appreciation considering Humane reflexes.

True happiness is what we strive for, and perceived happiness is what we get.

Keep Spreading the happiness..
Keep smiling.

arunabh said...

'Talk about being choosy'.. sure it cannot get choosier thn this :D
Made for a short but a nice read
keep blogging

MEENAKSHI said...

@vibhor
thank you for the comment. waiting for many more doses of pure happiness...keep visiting

@arunabh
haha...keep visiting!

bewarseee jackass (true id:GOD.dnt tell any1) said...

great work...but got a strange feelin tht u r an introvert...thts none of my business anyways...all i can say is...thr r a 1000 things to feel happy abt...n another 1000 to worry abt...we genly tend to come the worryin ones...hang on for long...u will find many small things tht make loads of difference...to u n others...keep it up...!!!!

Ankita Shreeram said...

Talk about life being hectic! I feel the same ever since my vacations when I realised that I have to make the most of opportunities. Unfortunately it also means missing out on some peace and harmless pleasures. I enjoyed reading that - you could have written some more. Anyway now I'm going to read all the other posts. And yeah, you've inspired me to write something in my blog as well!

MEENAKSHI said...

@ bewarsee jackass
well no im not a loner or an introvert. lemme know what made you feel that. keep visiting:)

@ankita
i hate writing in length. if i am able to put across my view in a more concise manner, am all the more happy. do read the other posts. keep visiting:)

bewarseee jackass (true id:GOD.dnt tell any1) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bewarseee jackass (true id:GOD.dnt tell any1) said...

hmm..read a couple of ur other posts as well...so the way u write in ur blogs...it feels fresh...i mean when u describe an incident to someone and then write it...i think the emotion is lessened...first time u express is the most effective u can get...and i found ur blogs to be fresh n as expressive as they can get...so felt tht u didnt really share the thghts in ur blog wid someone else...or as well as u wud have liked to hav shared....hence i derived that u may b an introvert..
may b akshaye khanna types in DCH...

PS:things i write in my blog are things i cant share wid ppl i knw coz of diff of opinion or lack of knowledge...so tht doesnt make me an introvert...same might be the case wid u too...hope u didnt feel bad abt anythin i said...n sorry if u did...:)