Friday, November 11, 2011

Oh Dilli!


It is exactly 7 pm in India and 8.30 am in the U.S.
Just a regular day at work for me, the same buzz, the same chatter that builds up to the time when markets open.
But my head is buzzing with a very different kind of a sound. It is  faint, far away and a little distant. It’s the sound of Delhi’s gaffar market, where I spent many afternoons looking for an old broken walkman to write an obituary on.
The sights and smell of Chandni Chowk and the steps that lead up to the Jama Masjid, whose tombs have seen me climb up and down, brushing against a hundred people and exchanging that awkward look and a sheepish smile.

Bangalore is getting colder by the night. And all I can think of is cold winters in Delhi. Walking around lodhi, stopping for a quick peg at Lodhi Garden Restaurant and then  to Khan Chacha for a roll.



(All images from Google, please don't sue me)

2 comments:

xyzandme said...

So being non-diplomatic, temme which city did you like the most?

MEENAKSHI said...

i love Bombay..for the same reasons that i would love a person.