Saturday, December 19, 2009

My First

I did something I have been wanting to do for a very long time. I got my first tattoo. Frankly I did not have to think too much about what I wanted, I had visions of it in mind.

A fish!

Thats me! Its so me!

Now the story goes way back in 1988, November 06 the day I was born. My mum noticed something very peculiar as the doctor gave me in her arms, though she was checking to make sure that her baby had all limbs and senses in place, she noticed a thing that he li'l daughter was born with, two tiny holes (read: gills) on either side of her face above the ears. She did not freak out, she smiled to herself and asked the doctor what exactly was that.

Tiring as my journey was I pretty much slept through that conversation between mother and the doctor.


Fast forward to the year 2000 when it all began. Excruciating, unbearable pain, what I though was a sign of difference turned out to be such a bane.

I had to get my gills closed.

Fast Forward to year 2007, I missed them and thats when i thought I will get a tattoo . A fish. It all made sense. My name in Sanskrit if broken down as a Sandhi means Meen (Fish) + aakshi (eyes) i.e. eyes that are of the shape of a fish...which is true by the way. I love my eyes. And I love my dad for being so thoughtful.

I always felt like a fish- loved water (though I cant swim), aquariums are my favourite hangout places...dont know how many times I might have entered the Taraporewala one on Marine drive. It all fell in place...

And there you go, my first one, in memory of my gills , will always miss them...



No comments: