Tuesday, September 04, 2007

RUNAWAY!

I looked at the clock twice, it was some kind of reassurance of the fact that its was the right time. It was twelve and I very well knew Mom was snoring away to glory in the adjacent room. My bags were packed because I was preparing myself for the past three days. Two failed attempts per day , that makes it six...ummm not bad, will help me write a manual on running away from home.

I am tired of the scrutiny and nagging that happens around me all the time. I am 21, a successful media executive, travelled almost half the world, but I am still treated like a kid at home. I need ma own space and my own rules. I know I am giving all these explanations to move away from this shithole.

I feel flustered and claustrophobic. The house I grew up in suddenly seems to eating me up. I see horrible images moving around, maybe because I have developed a particular kind of hate for this place. The people living here make me all the more depressed and that includes my mother and her Lesbian partner, who are up on my ass everyday.

Jane moved in right after my father ran away with our maid. I know sounds like a scene straight out of a movie. My mother seems to have taken settling down with Jane a bit too seriously. I have no qualms about her sexual orientation, but she can definitly find a better woman to spend her life with. Jane is a bitch.......

How does that matter anyway?....Its almost 12.30 now...guess Geroge should be well on his way...WHOOOOSSSHHHHH!

noone to see
noone to believe.
life is like an empty circus
the merry go round
with all the colours around
whirls against the hollow air.....
Up you see the smoke rise,
my dead ashes in the air.

7 comments:

Vibhor pandey said...

A tired brain is as infertile as rabbit's shit...!!!
May be you forgot to write abstract .....

lolzz

arunabh said...

To be honest, I was a lil shocked as i went on reading.. but towards the end as i checked out the label, i realised wht this was all about. Quite imaginative though.. specially liked the poem at the end

MEENAKSHI said...

@ Vibhor, yeah am deprived of ur tickles..hence...
keep visiting:)

@anon, thank you , i hadnt mentioned stricken it was stricked...lol..nonetheless the change has been made..thnk u.
keep visiting:)

@arunabh
haha...well its jus one of the things i do when am frustrated.
keep visiting:)

Vibhor pandey said...

fikar not.. I am watching you.
nd ya...
the pic in ur blog... one of ma favorite brands. i have done n number of studies for Nestle... including this brands...

keep emoting...

Unknown said...

weird....absolutely weird...
yes u can find a dad who runs away with the maid...yes u can find a 21 yr old working , successful woman try 12 attempts to run away from home, yes u can find an old woman slowly realising her sexuality even though she has a 21 yr old daughter....but to find all these three circumstances coincide in one family is really weird.....
But nice imagination...hehe...really nice imagination...but yaar im sure u can come up with a lil more realistic fiction....

Thanxs for listening to the sher...and sorry fory the delayed comment....
Dont forget to watch the T-20.

MEENAKSHI said...

@ vibhor...at ur mercy!

@ demon's dealer- how can fiction be realistic? thank you for the comment..keep visiting! :)

Anonymous said...

u r not 21 yet lol
love